There may be a time where a product, or an entire range has not be synchronised between DIY Floorboards and Mint. In these cases, a manual product sync must be completed.
Synchronise the Product Category #
Woocommerce Multistore operates from the Product Category level. So, items can only be synchronised from this level (or from a single item level, but is much more time consuming).
- Identify the Product Category that you’re going to synchronise
- Navigate to My Sites > Dashboard from the top left hand-side of the Admin Nav Bar
- You are now at the SuperAdmin level of the entire installation – everything you do here has an impact across both diyfloorboards.com.au and mintfloors.com.au – please use caution
- Navigate to Multistore > Bulk Sync to synchronise your products
- From this screen, you’ll deselect Select All Products otherwise you run the risk of duplicate entries in both DIY and Mint Floors
- Manually select the Product Category that you want to synchronise (you can select more than one category at a time)
- Ensure that your sync settings are correct
- Synchronising from diyfloorboads.com.au to diyfloorboards.com.au/mint (at this point, but once Mint is Prod, the address will change to mintfloors.com.au)
- Child product will inherit all the Parent products changes
- You can leave the stock change out (as neither site actually sells the product)
- You can now select Sync Selected Products and the process will begin
- Assuming there are no errors (a log will appear telling you exactly what’s happened), the screen will display “0 products remain to be synced.” and you’re done!
Round Up #
This may actually be the best way to clone products across, as it’s small batch and controlled. The Digital Guy cannot stress enough the importance of being careful whilst in the SuperAdmin Dashboard as these settings and options control the entire WordPress Multisite installation and will fail if messed up.