Slides are a great way of getting attention and showing website visitors something specific, like a new range, or a sale or similar. Currently, the Home Page is the only place where a Slide is shown.
There is no limit to the amount of Slides in any Slide group. You can have multiple. Although, good design would limit the amount of slides to a maximum of 4.
Creating a New Slide #
Ensuring consistency is kept across the website in design and UI/UX, it’s best to use the Clone feature of the site to create new Slides.
- From the WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Slides > All Items
- In the list, you’ll find the already existing slides, choose one to Clone and select Click to Clone from the Hover menu on that item
- You will note that the cloned Slide is in Draft status. In this state, the WYSIWYG editor will not function.
- Select Edit with WPBakery Page Builder from the Hover menu, once the page loads, select Backend Editor from the top right
- Each section is editable by selecting the Pencil icon on each aspect
- Make the changes as required and when complete, select Publish
Bonus Tips #
Pay special attention to the Post Attributes, in particular the Order value. This controls the order in which the Slides display.
To keep things organised well, ensure that the Name and Permalink of the Slide has been updated to match
After you’ve Published the first time, the Frontend (WYSIWYG) editor will work as expected for any updates you may need to make